My fascination with all things domino, has been rekindled, thanks to our recent, maiden attempt to unravel at one-go, a mesh of 13,000 popsicle sticks! While our ‘stick bomb’ proved less of a seamless chain-reaction and more of a start-stop affair, the magic of witnessing it ‘live’, certainly sparked a buzz—bringing back memories of Rube Goldberg machines!

Rube who?

Reuben Garrett Lucius Goldberg was a prolific editorial cartoonist who drew amongst many things, schematics of comical inventions that accomplished something simple through complex means. Convoluted? For sure, but riveting nonetheless.

Have a look at some of these Rube Golberg machines and let us know what you think!

Posted by:Thomas Danny Jeyaseelan

I've been working for over 7 years at Science Centre Singapore... a place I've come to call "home" where science befriends and transforms me day by day! I love communications and this blog has given me a terrific opportunity to express myself in writing. I continually aspire to engage the community through my contributions. And would love to hear back from readers like you if you have something interesting to share (please leave a comment!). That would really encourage me! Am also looking forward to hitting the centennial mark with 100 posts. Am nearly 70% there. ;) I hope you have a great online experience on Stir-fried Science, enjoy all science has to offer, and be inspired to make or be the difference you wish to see in the communities you find yourself in.