The Japanese ruled the innovation roost back in the day! Remember how revolutionary the Sony walkman, discman and mini-disc player were? Man, those products created quite a stir, kinda like these inventions below—only, they were a lot more revolutionary (with the exception of the awesome banana travel case of course!)

SONY DSC

Check out a whole stack of very unusual Japanese inventions at Science Centre’s quirkiest exhibition called… Quirky!  There are even a number of interactive exhibits to immerse yourself in!

Here’s one that I had a bit of fun with! It’s aptly called… the Hapi Drum! You really should try it! Because it works! : )))

Don’t miss it. It’s all happening on level 2 at the only Centre that brings you all kinds of experiences, including a walk down the quirky side of science!

Posted by:Thomas Danny Jeyaseelan

I've been working for over 7 years at Science Centre Singapore... a place I've come to call "home" where science befriends and transforms me day by day! I love communications and this blog has given me a terrific opportunity to express myself in writing. I continually aspire to engage the community through my contributions. And would love to hear back from readers like you if you have something interesting to share (please leave a comment!). That would really encourage me! Am also looking forward to hitting the centennial mark with 100 posts. Am nearly 70% there. ;) I hope you have a great online experience on Stir-fried Science, enjoy all science has to offer, and be inspired to make or be the difference you wish to see in the communities you find yourself in.