Much as this man needs no introduction, I shall do it all the same – for the uninitiated!

It takes someone special to render the ordinary – extraordinary! And that’s just what cardboard boy-wonder – Bartholomew Ting does best! Graduating from business and gravitating to the creative arts, Bart (in short) has made quite a name for himself in cardboard architecture! Back in 2012, some of his works were featured in Science Centre’s maiden Mini-Maker Faire in 2012.

Since then, his installations have made waves in various public spaces.

Mouth-watering isn’t it? If that doesn’t whet your appetite for more, I honestly don’t know what else will. So if you’re hankering for some tinkering, catch the cardboard guru in the flesh! Bart plans to organise a number of Cardboard Architecture workshops from 24-26 Oct 2014 at the upcoming Maritime RobotX Challenge at The Float @ Marina Bay.

Come 24-26 October 2014, university students, robotics experts and creative artists from all over the world will convene in Singapore for the inaugural Maritime RobotX Challenge to showcase their robotics prowess, and wow visitors with ingenious showcases. The world’s first Maritime RobotX Challenge is set to take place in Singapore at The Float @ Marina Bay from 24 to 26 October 2014. The first of this biennial event comprises an international university maritime robotics competition, and a science and technology showcase. Organised by National University of Singapore (NUS) Faculty of Engineering, Science Centre Singapore (SCS), and the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Foundation, the three-day event aims to provide an experiential science and engineering learning platform, for more than 5,000 visitors!

Posted by:Thomas Danny Jeyaseelan

I've been working for over 7 years at Science Centre Singapore... a place I've come to call "home" where science befriends and transforms me day by day! I love communications and this blog has given me a terrific opportunity to express myself in writing. I continually aspire to engage the community through my contributions. And would love to hear back from readers like you if you have something interesting to share (please leave a comment!). That would really encourage me! Am also looking forward to hitting the centennial mark with 100 posts. Am nearly 70% there. ;) I hope you have a great online experience on Stir-fried Science, enjoy all science has to offer, and be inspired to make or be the difference you wish to see in the communities you find yourself in.

8 replies on “Introducing… Bart Ting!

1. Just caught up with him at a one-on-one meeting today!
    Great chap! very down to earth! He shared that what might unfold at the workshops at the MaritimeX Challenge is an open book for now as the participants get to decide on what they plan to build!

Like

2. Wonderful masterpieces by Bart! Such great creativity and good ideas! Looking forward to the Maritime X Challenge where Bart will be present and for him to share his insights!

Great job Danny for the wonderful pics that you took!

Like