DPM Teo Chee Hean (our patron) visited Science Centre Singapore this afternoon to meet with key staff, view exciting STEM Inc. student projects and tour our exhibitions! He was warmly greeted by our senior management (incl. Prof Lim Tit Meng) as well as visitors (incl. Prof Lui Pao Chuen) who took the opportunity to take photos with him!

One of his stops included the CRADLE Lab – where he patiently interacted with all the student representatives from various secondary schools who presented innovative projects with pride. Prof Lim along with other senior management then led him through our galleries leading to the Brain and E3 exhibitions as well as the newly opened Tinkering Studio.

To cap his patron’s visit, DPM Teo graced the 5pm Tesla Coil Show (hosted by none other than die-hard Star Wars fan and master science educator – Alfred Lim). Here’s what was written on his FB page on account of his visit:

“Making science come alive – clenched this robotic hand using nerve signals tapped from my fore-arm. Hands-on by students in the CRADLE and parents/kids at the Tinkering Studio at the Science Centre Singapore.

“Wonderful to see how our students use robotics, renewable energy, food science, forensics, sensors, 3D printing, data simulation and more to solve real-world problems. May many of you break new ground and find fulfilment in science/tech!”

Check out the pictures and video below of his visit here. They tell the story best 😉

Check out the video too featuring DPM Teo’s interaction with a student’s experiment!

DPM Teo last visited our Centre only very recently. He joined President Tony Tan in gracing the launch of Science Centre’s latest exhibition (e3) on 10 Dec 2015.

Posted by:Thomas Danny Jeyaseelan

I've been working for over 7 years at Science Centre Singapore... a place I've come to call "home" where science befriends and transforms me day by day! I love communications and this blog has given me a terrific opportunity to express myself in writing. I continually aspire to engage the community through my contributions. And would love to hear back from readers like you if you have something interesting to share (please leave a comment!). That would really encourage me! Am also looking forward to hitting the centennial mark with 100 posts. Am nearly 70% there. ;) I hope you have a great online experience on Stir-fried Science, enjoy all science has to offer, and be inspired to make or be the difference you wish to see in the communities you find yourself in.