A cloudless morning set the stage for a brilliant Solar Eclipse show and what a sight it was!
3,000 people witnessed this on a working day morning with some showing up as early as 7am to check it out! With telescopes, venuscopes, free solar glasses and a live webcast – Science Centre Singapore was ready for our eclipse chasers to enjoy the action…

Spectacular views of the Eclipse lasted from 7:23am to 9:32am (with the effect peaking at 8.23am).

If today’s experience is anything to go by, the next visible eclipse in 2019 (an annular solar eclipse – ring effect) is likely to wow even bigger crowds. You can count your stars that Science Centre Singapore will be in the thick of it once again! Thanks for your support today and we look forward to seeing you at our weekly Stargazing sessions on Fridays as well as at our Digital Planetarium shows! 🙂

Posted by:Thomas Danny Jeyaseelan

I've been working for over 7 years at Science Centre Singapore... a place I've come to call "home" where science befriends and transforms me day by day! I love communications and this blog has given me a terrific opportunity to express myself in writing. I continually aspire to engage the community through my contributions. And would love to hear back from readers like you if you have something interesting to share (please leave a comment!). That would really encourage me! Am also looking forward to hitting the centennial mark with 100 posts. Am nearly 70% there. ;) I hope you have a great online experience on Stir-fried Science, enjoy all science has to offer, and be inspired to make or be the difference you wish to see in the communities you find yourself in.

2 replies on “What an eclipse!