CRADLΣ – the Centre for Research and Applied Learning in Science – has made steady progress in bringing science to life through hands-on experimentation, thanks to the support from schools and industry.

On Fri 11 Aug, CRADLΣ’s partners from a number of renowned educational and industrial establishments were recognised through the presentation of certificates and the unveiling of a special plaque where their logos take pride of place – at CRADLΣ’s entrance.

Gracing the event, A/Prof Lim Tit Meng, Science Centre Singapore’s Chief Executive later shared: “Recognising the amazing partners we collaborate with, is one of the key ways that we consolidate our strengths today in our preparation for tomorrow.

“This enables us to continually make science concepts meaningful – which is never an easy feat – but just what CRADLΣ does best – thanks to its stellar partners.”

Deepening in impact and reach, CRADLΣ has engaged about 20,000 students already as a teaching and R&D Hub at Science Centre Singapore. Opened in 2012, the influential Centre for Research and Applied Learning in Science (CRADLΣ) offers lectures, hands-on workshops and mentors students in research projects (several of which have gained notable recognition by 3M, Google, MOE, etc.).

A slew of new workshops and programmes (including work experience programmes) will soon be introduced. For instance, a few of them include understanding the properties of waves; building a homopolar motor; and building and bringing home the touch sensor.

The good news is that CRADLΣ isn’t limited to participation from schools only. Students in general can entreat themselves to its programming – including its upcoming New Robotics Camp in Nov 2017!

At CRADLΣ, it’s all about engaging minds, creating experiences and inspiring youth to become scientists and engineers who will shape the world of tomorrow.

#Beinspired!

For more info, visit http://www.science.edu.sg/schoolprogrammes/Pages/Cradle.aspx

Posted by:Thomas Danny Jeyaseelan

I've been working for over 7 years at Science Centre Singapore... a place I've come to call "home" where science befriends and transforms me day by day! I love communications and this blog has given me a terrific opportunity to express myself in writing. I continually aspire to engage the community through my contributions. And would love to hear back from readers like you if you have something interesting to share (please leave a comment!). That would really encourage me! Am also looking forward to hitting the centennial mark with 100 posts. Am nearly 70% there. ;) I hope you have a great online experience on Stir-fried Science, enjoy all science has to offer, and be inspired to make or be the difference you wish to see in the communities you find yourself in.